Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter weekend. We had dinner at my parents Sunday night. They were a little disappointed that we had neglected to dress-up the girls since it was rainy and miserable. My husband I each made a cake to bring along, both of which unfortunately had some minor flaws. The next day, we had lunch at his parent’s house. I love it when I don’t have to cook two days in a row. This time we decided to dress up the girls. I found some cute new matching dresses for a great deal at a swap meet. The dresses were a little bit too summery for the cold April Easter so we kept them indoors.


Princess got to participate in her first ever Easter egg hunt. Just to make sure she would understand the concept I let her watch Dora's Egg Hunt. Although in hindsight, I think she would have figured out the idea quickly especially since there was the usually forbidden candy as a reward. Luckily for her, she is the only one of the cousins that can walk and talk so she had a monopoly on all the eggs (besides the ones that the adults had eaten before the egg hunt). Later, she decided to pull her little sister around in their new wagon from Grandma while she kept up the hunt for more eggs. Once she had found all the eggs, she still wanted to play so we hid them again for her. I think I might have found a new way to keep her occupied at home! She was allowed to eat a couple then kept playing with eggs the rest of the afternoon. She did manage to sneak away a couple of times to eat some more eggs. The only way we knew what she was doing was when we found the empty wrappers she has left lying on the floor. It’s hard to get too mad at her though, she must get her love of chocolate from her mom. The surviving eggs are now safely hidden away. We’ll use them as potty-training treats or mommy pick-me-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.