Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dress-Up Princess Toy


Do you remember the paper dolls that came with paper clothes? They were inexpensive and fun to play with but flimsy and easily torn. With a baby in the house that will eat any paper she comes across I didn’t think that one of these would last long in our household. Luckily, my husband came home one day with a surprise gift for his little princess. Princess Eliseis a sturdy wooden doll who is magnetic. She comes with multiple outfits that Princess loves to play with. There are dresses, skirts, tops hats and gloves to attach. Her favourite is the pink outfit the doll came wearing. As a toddler, Princess finds it far easier and quicker to change the outfits on this doll than a regular doll. Thanks to this toy, Princess has learned the importance of matching and outfit coordination. Although, one day I’ll have to explain to her that outfits are allowed to be different colours.

It’s fun for adults to assemble the outfits too. Even my husband wanted in on the action and was showing Princess the different outfit choices. I was pleasantly surprised by the cost too. I figured that such a high quality toy would be rather expensive in comparison to the regular manufactured plastic toys. It turned out be less than $15 and can be found for as low as $10 on Amazon.

This was my first time using Melissa & Doug Products and I like the line so much I’ve bought other toys. I love the wooden construction and the fact that it is a family business. You can order this toy and other toys from the Melissa & Doug Website but I found that the prices were consistently lower online at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think.