A mom's musings on life with two little princesses.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Small Talk Six- Mother's Day Edition
Today's Small Talk Six is about 6 ways you are like or unlike your mother. To see the other bloggers particapating you can head over to Mom Dot
1. My mother raised 4 children, made dinner every night, kept a clean house and helped out on our farm. I have 2 children (so far), try to make dinner every night and dream of a clean house.
2. My mom homeschooled us all through elementary school. I know it made me a smarter person but I don’t think I will home school my kids. Only because I don’t think I would be dedicated enough to do it.
3. My husband says I talk like my mom. Every once in a while I hear it too.
4. My mom drove a van. Not even a minivan, just a big van to fit us all in. I refuse to drive a minivan. I recently sold my car and upgraded to a Ford Freestyle. It’s a crossover, NOT a minivan!
5. My mom used cloth diapers because disposables were too expensive and not widely used. I’m switching to cloth diapers because disposables are too expensive and cloth is better for the environment. Sometimes the old ways were the best ways.
6. My mother had quick labours. Her first was born 2 hours after her first contractions. A huge motivating factor in pushing for my vbac with my second child was that I wanted to see how my body would do in labour. I am so happy that I inherited her labour genes. You can’t get much better than 10 minutes total of active labour!
I am a stay-at-home mom to two little girls. My oldest is almost 3 and is known as Princess on my blog (Not her real name I promise). She has been a Princess ever since she got her first princess costume. My youngest just turned a year old and will be referred to as Sweet Pea. I'm sure she will follow in her sister's royal footsteps which is the reason I called my blog Parenting Princesses.
I'm also a recent graduate who is trying to decide what to do with my Bachelor of Arts degree. I'm in the middle of job searching currently